How do I find out IF there is a capias or bench warrant out for my arrest?

The Clerk’s Office cannot give out any information on capiases or bench warrants. Effective 10/1/2022, all active warrants, capiases, active orders for arrest including Writs of Bodily Attachment will not be viewable to the public on the Clerk of Court’s website pursuant to Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.420(c)(6).  

To review the details of your most recent court hearing, you may access and view the Court Order Disposition located in the case.   Some cases may require you to register as a party and submit a user agreement to our office to view your case.   


To obtain information on capiases or bench warrants  you may try one of the alternative options below.

  • If you have an attorney, you should contact him or her to obtain further information.
  • If you are on probation, contact your probation officer.
  • Obtain or view a copy of your driving record at 

Did you fail to appear for a court hearing? If you did not appear for court, it is possible the Judge may have issued a capias. You can motion the Judge to request for the court date to be rescheduled and recall any potential capias issued, contact your attorney, or contact your probation officer.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I pay my court fine/fees and costs?
2. What form of payment do you accept?
3. Who do I make the check or money order payable to?
4. What is a misdemeanor charge?
5. How do I get a copy of my misdemeanor record?
6. Who should I notify if my address changes?
7. What happens if I fail to appear for my court date?
8. How do I find information about my case or other misdemeanor cases?
9. How can I have my case sealed or expunged?
10. Can I get access to Citrus County Criminal records on the Internet?
11. How do I have a public defender appointed to my case?
12. How do I get my bond money back now that my case has been disposed?
13. How do I find out IF there is a capias or bench warrant out for my arrest?