Do I have other options besides just paying the ticket?
With payable civil infractions, you may enter a plea of not guilty; elect to attend a driver improvement course; or in some cases an Affidavit of Compliance along with a $93.75 dismissal fee if the case involves tag/DL regulations or $75.90 for Proof of compliance Insurance violations. Also, for tickets issued for no valid driver's license, no registration certificate, or no proof of insurance, the ticket can be dismissed for $10, if you are able to furnish proof that you had the document at the time you were charged and the document was valid.

Show All Answers

1. What types of cases are handled in Traffic Court?
2. What is a criminal traffic charge?
3. What is a civil traffic infraction?
4. When do I have to pay my ticket?
5. What if I can't pay my ticket within 30 days?
6. What happens if I don't pay my ticket on time?
7. Do I have other options besides just paying the ticket?
8. How do I enter a not guilty plea to a civil traffic infraction?
9. Who will be present at the hearing?
10. What happens if the court finds me guilty?
11. Can the Clerk's Office advise me about points assessed against my license?
12. How do I figure out what I owe on my ticket?
13. Why was my case/citation submitted to a collections agency?
14. What happens after my citation/case has been referred to a collections agency?
15. Will this referral hurt my credit rating?
16. What happens to the money I pay for my traffic citation?