Clerk of Court Angela Vick is urging citizens to be aware of jury duty scams. Our office has been contacted by citizens stating they have received calls about missed jury duty. Scammers typically impersonate clerk employees, law enforcement or other government officials and threaten that if money is not paid the individual will be arrested. THIS IS A SCAM.
Important tips to remember:
- The Clerk’s office does not call or email residents for missing jury duty or court appearances. Further, our office will also never request payment of any type for missing jury duty or court appearances.
- The Clerk of Court does not call or email residents to notify them of missed jury duty or court appearances. Communications are only sent by U.S. mail.
- Do not open emails or attachments in emails from unfamiliar sources.
- Arrest warrants are not issued for failure to report for jury duty. However, if you do fail to report you may receive a summons/subpoena to appear before a judge and show cause for your absence.
- Do not provide callers or respond to unfamiliar emails with any personal information or payment.
Information regarding jury duty, jury summons, and court cases may be found on the Clerk’s website at citrusclerk.org/jury. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our office at 352-341-6405.