Recording Activity Notification
Protect your property from fraud with Recording Activity Notifications
According to the FBI, property and mortgage fraud is the fastest growing white-collar crime. Property Fraud is when someone illegally uses your property for financial gain. An instance of this entails someone recording a fraudulent deed and/or lien against your property in the Official Records of the Citrus County Clerk’s Office.
Although the alert system does not prevent the actual fraudulent activity from taking place, it does provide an early warning system for subscribers to become aware of what may have otherwise gone undetected. Subscribers armed with this notification system will be able to take prompt, appropriate action if they determine the activity to be fraudulent.
We want to ensure we provide the tools for our constituents to stay informed. Click here to get started now.
- What is the Recording Activity Notifications service?
- What does this service monitor?
- How does this alert work?
- Can I sign up even if I don’t own property in Citrus County?
- Does this subscription service alert me of documents being recorded in other counties?
- What if I have properties in other counties?
- What will distinguish one John Doe from another?
- How are people committing fraud in this way?
- What documents do I need to gather before signing up for this service?
- How can I sign up for this service?
- I received an alert. How can I view the document?
- I’m not receiving alerts, but I see documents recorded with a name I signed up for.
The Clerk neither expresses nor implies warrant that the notification service is accurate or correct. The Clerk shall not be liable for any loss, cost, damage, or expense arising directly or indirectly in connection with this service. In no event shall the Clerk be liable for any special or consequential damages or for any indirect damages resulting from the Customer’s use or application of the information accessed as a result of using this service. This service does not protect against fraud or make any claims to, it simply provides notification to the Customer so that the Customer can take prompt legal action to remedy the fraud. The Clerk may terminate this service, or any individual subscription, at any time without notification.