US Passport Renewal Requirements & Fees

Note: The Clerk and Comptroller's Office does not process renewal by mail applications. Please visit the US Department of State for detailed instructions and forms.

You qualify for renewal by mail if:
  1. You can submit your most recent passport book and/or card.
  2. Use the same name as in the previous passport book and/or card, or be able to present a certified marriage certificate or court order changing the name.
  3. Your previous passport book and/or card was issued on or after your 16th birthday and was issued within the past 15 years.